28 March 2011

memories...

So today I was wondering around on the computer and look what found! Handbalancing 2010, gosh I miss it. And not just handbalancing. I miss my crazy weird friends, the stress of cuts, the relief of making it, the costume fittings, the dress rehearsals, just everything... Argh Paige don't make yourself sad!! Thankfully I just have to endure five months and I can finally be back where I belong. In the circus.
Its funny when people call you a "circus freak" and think you're going to get enraged and start talking how its an 'art' or something. To any true performer, it's not demeaning at all, in fact, I really miss people calling me that. Circus Freak is much better than the names associated with cheerleading.
I'm still not sure what acts I want to do next year. I know I wont have time for more than two, but im fine with that. Lear (suspended hoop used like a trapeze) is SO beautiful, and just too much fun to play on. Duotrapeeze (two girls on one trapeze) is also really cool! I'll probably do lear knowing myself, but thats not a bad thing :)
People that have seen the circus in previous years know that their is always a theme for all of the acts to go off of. This years theme is "Lands of Enchantment" whatever that means... So theme wise, it wasn't a bad year to miss. I am ,though, curious to know what the trainers did to represent that theme, so I cant wait to go and watch. It's always the first three weekends of May, so mark your calendars!

No comments: